Tuesday, June 28, 2011

14 months old

More Bobby updates:

He has finally mastered walking well. I remember writing in his baby book on his 13 mth update that he was taking steps regularly…but I would say it was another week or week ½ before he really started taking off. Now there is no crawling...its all big boy steps all the time. And oh how the boy does he enjoy the walking…he just walks for the sake of walking…round and round the kitchen island and dining room table…back and forth down the hallway. He just enjoys strolling. Its soo cute. I tell Robby all the time it’s like he is still the same weight and same baby has he was 3 mths ago…its just that now he is vertical instead of horizontal.

He jabbers NON stop (everyone thinks its such a funny joke to say he takes after his momma in that department!)  I swear he already has a full vocabulary but it’s in his own language. He talks so much and responses to you when you talk to him (in his language) that you really do feel like you are carrying on a conversation. The only real words that I can gather from it all are pretty much the same as they have been…ma-ma, da-da, lots and lots of Uh-Oh’s. And I swear he has muttered something along the lines of gamp-pa. I blew my in-laws off the first several times they mentioned it (cause I figured it was just wishful thinking on their part) but its true…I have heard it several times myself. I can hear him trying to imitate the words we say…like the other day I say “Come on Coco, good girl!” And he muttered go-gol like he was trying to say good girl. I was shocked! Soo cute!

Bobby eats really well most of the time. He gets very cranky if you are eating something different than he is. He wants what you are having and sometimes that isn’t always a good idea if it’s spicy or its chips etc. Sometimes I will even have prepared the same thing for him and put it on his tray early to cool off but he immediately thinks I am trying to trick him out of something and it’s not near as good to him unless he sees it specifically come off my plate! I think I narrowed down his eczema to hotdogs or macaroni and cheese (not sure which, or both). But when we avoid those two foods we seem to notice there are no flare ups. I swear my child is going to turn into a green bean…they are his number one favorite food. He eats them almost every meal. I even pack some in the car with me and hand them to him when he fusses. You would think they were candy! He also really enjoys peaches and pears. Oh and lots of cheerios…and those little freeze dried yogurt snacks.

His last Shriner appointment went really well. Not much came from the ordeal but I wasn't expecting much either. I did ask more about future options...like whether or not we have a chance of  transferring a cadaver hand possibly...and its not an option because he is not only missing the ulnar bone in his arm, he is also missing all the nerves and tendons too...so there wouldn't nerves to attach it too. I also asked  about the possibly of restoring motion in this elbow and the same issue is withholding us...the muscles that he is missing are the ones that we use to move our elbow. hmmph. So no luck there either! Otherwise though they were happy with how he is progressing. They have no vision of future surgery at this point...so it was pretty much a "see back this time next year and we will reassess the situation" type of thing. I was fine with it all...no news is ok with me...at least nothing dramatic going on.

He is starting to enjoy his toys a lot more as he has gotten older. He empties out baskets and dresser drawers on a daily basis. I just noticed yesterday he has figured out door handles…I can usually lock him out of certain rooms (where dog dishes are etc) but we have the kind of door handles that are like pull down handles (not the round door knobs)…and last night I saw him standing at the shut door reaching for the door handle with all his might! I couldn’t believe my eyes…he was trying to open it! He LOVES books. Could care less about TV or movies I try and play for him on car trips. He LOVES watching and playing with the dogs. They crack him up on a daily basis. He loves it when you act like you are play biting him on his belly, legs, arms etc. He cackles out loud with joy. He wants daddy to throw him repeatedly…once you start he doesn’t want to stop. BTW daddy has become a lot more on radar to him. He has realized with daddy its more wrestling and playing and he is super fun…but his mommy on the other hand makes him do not so fun stuff like eat, and sleep and change diapers and clothes. I find myself working extra hard to be super silly with him to make sure he knows I am FUN too! ;-)

Well that is all I can think of for now…we are in SUCH a fun phase…I honestly can’t even see it getting better than this…although some how I just know it will…

Happy Summer everyone!


Please excuse the cell phone pictures...these are the only ones I have downloaded of him on the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment