1) What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Took a baby on an airplane! and a helicopter for that matter. Both terrifying but for different reasons. Plane: afraid Bobby would act terrible, scream, cry, I would receive death glares from passengers. Helicopter: You are much more aware of how HIGH and how dangerous what you are doing really is!
Took a WHOLE week's vacation after Christmas...MUST REPEAT every year. HEAVEN!
2) Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year.
Last Year: Get out and be more social...I am soo bad about being a home body and I am afraid life is going to pass me by!
Success....I did get out more (in comparsion to the year before anyway). I took a trip out of my comfort zone and I tried to length the cord between Bobby and I a little bit. I will always be an obsessive mother...but I tried to remember who "I" am as well.
This year: Stop cussing.
3)Did anyone close to you give birth?
We had a new baby in my extended family...Landon Olson.
4) Did anyone close to you die?
I lost my beloved dog Kayli. It was a freak accident and I still can't believe she is gone. I miss her EVERY DAY.
5)What countries did you visit?
Never...not a traveler.
6)What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More time....there is NEVER enough time!
7)What dates from 2011 will remain etched in your memory and why?
The night I lost Kayli. Enough said...
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
New job at work.
9)What was your biggest failure?
I'm selfish with my time.
10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
OMG I got SO sick with a stomach bug in early December...I wound up in the local emergency room laying on the floor of the public bathroom in pure agony. Not my best moment.
11) What was the best thing you bought?
I'm cheap...I don't "buy" alot...I guess maybe our family pictures.
12)Whose behavior merited celebration?
Robby works his tail off at work...I appreciate him. (at home...not so much...at work...best worker there).
13) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14)Where did most of your money go?
Rent houses, Christmas
15)What did you get really excited about?
Bobby learning to walk
16)What song will always remind you of 2011?
17) Compared to this time last year are you:
Happier or sadder? Happier!!! My mom constantly says the phrase "this is probably the happiest time in your life...with your first child and enjoying all the life that goes with it". Its true...children bring such happiness to our existence.
Thinner or Fatter? about the same.
Richer or poorer? Richer...just got a raise.
20) How did you spend Christmas? With all the fam...us usual.
21) Did you fall in love in 2011?
22) What was your favorite TV program?Parks and Rec, Real Housewives
23) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't' hate this time last year? I can only think of one person I really don't like...but its been that way for a while. I need to forgive.
24) What was the best book you read? No books...I'm slacking...Im getting back on the book train now though. Went to the library yesterday.
25)What was your greatest musical discovery?
26) What did you want and get? My new job.
27) What did you want and not get? a new purse and a watch
28)What was your favorite film of the year? Due Date
29)What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Can't remember...probably out to eat with the hubby. I was 28. Same answer as always.
30)What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31) How do you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Getting much better! I have been revamping my wardrobe!
32)What kept you sane?
Sticking to my routine
37) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?
Don't take your family member's good health for granted. You don't want to even imagine what life would be like without them! Yep, I like this answer from last year!
38) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
"When you kiss your little baby, you kiss the face of God"
From the Christmas song "Mary did you know"