Monday, November 30, 2009

I LOVE the holidays...

I LOVE the holidays...but I'll tell you what...I can already tell this year is going to be harder than usual because I get so tired I can barely keep up! I feel like I didn't even get to sit down the entire four days I was off! That's ok...it was a great weekend and I wouldn't change any of it! I'll start from the beginning of my holiday weekend...I got some great news from my OB on Weds afternoon that my amniocentesis came back completely normal. I not quite ready to go into detail about why this was so important...but let's just say I had been losing sleep waiting to hear those results...hoping and praying to hear good news...and I DID! I could hardly believe it. The nurse double checked again and yes, again she said the words to me. "Your results came back completely normal...the doctor read the report with a smile on her face and told me to GO CALL HER BACK AND TELL HER THE GOOD NEWS!"

W. O. W.

Talk about the best day of my life! I called my husband and then shot out of my chair at work to do a lap around the office giving hugs and spreading my wonderful news! We continued the celebration that night by going out to eat and smiling ear to ear the whole time. What a way to start a long weekend! :)

Then came Turkeyday! Boy did we ever have alot to give thanks for! I had gotten up early to make one of my favorite staples for thanksgiving...my late grandma's mashed potatoes. (I seriously think I could survive on potatoes alone these days.) And then we had to Robby's grandma's to celebrate the day. Thank goodness it was a pretty low key day because I was already worn out from all the excitement the day before.

Friday morning....AKA BLACK FRIDAY! Well I chickened out on going to do the early EARLY bird shopping even though it crossed my mind a million times, right up until I went to bed Thursday night. My girlfriend was all ready to go at 3 AM if I was up for it...but I just didn't think I could hang with her. I decided to go for the less craziness at about 8AM. There were still a few stores that had lines wrapping around the place but thank goodness I never had to get in any of those lines. I went with my mother-in-law and she had a list of huge items and was on a mission. Lets just say four tie-downs and seven hours later we were back to the house unloading and finishing up with online shopping. WHAT A DAY!

And there was no resting in the picture for the poor pregnant lady from there either...oh no, I had to get right back up and be out the door by 8AM again the next morning with Robby on the way to Norman for the Bedlam game. The weather was nice and we played good so it was a wonderful day. We stopped for dinner in OKC at Bricktown so by the time we got home it was dark and another day was gone.

Sunday...day of rest right? Ahem...I wish...it was my first day at home in a while and I had A LOT to catch up on. I put clean flannel sheets on the bed (ready for a our cold weather!), did all the laundry, gave the girls a bath, went and got groceries, cleaned the house, wrapped Christmas presents, worked on my performance review for work, and we finished the Christmas lights outside (in the COLD and rain I might add) but it was totally worth it because the house looks a million times better.


No comments:

Post a Comment