Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I dreaming of a WHITE Christmas!!!

Well Christmas is almost here...I can hardly believe it! Every year I get so excited...I am who you might call a Christmas fanatic. You could lump in right in there with Clark Grizwalt. I expect all the major elements of the holiday! I have three times as many decorations for Christmas than I do any other holiday and I spend hours, some times days decorating the house and the tree. I want my husband to create magic with the lights outside (as you may recall my husband scaling our roof to get them up this year). I shop and wrap for not only myself and Robby...but also for other family members that don't enjoy the process as much as I do...uh hmm...my father-in-law. Oh and I start listening to Christmas music entirely too early just to make sure that I feel like I get the sufficient amount of time with it before its gone (technically I have been listening to it non-stop since oh...halloween. But hey who's counting? Well besides my husband anyway.

Yes, Robby puts up with all my silly-ness pretty well but there is really only one thing that HE wants to make it a special Christmas. SNOW! He L.O.V.E.S it. And it looks like we just might get his wish this year after all! Yesterday I heard on the radio some weatherman say "Oh I bet Tulsa doesn't get snow...Wichita yes...Tulsa no. And I was soo bummed. We always get jipped down south here. But then this morning while I was in the shower I heard Robby yell YES! and I said WHAT HAPPENED? He said they are saying on the news we are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow! Yah yah yah! We got so excited! The anticipation for it is almost more than for Christmas itself! We will definitely enjoy it. I just wish I could go sledding this year...but I think this will be the one year Bobby and I sit out. We will just make the hot coco for everyone instead though! :)


This might just be the best Christmas ever. So much to be thankful for this year...so much to look forward too...and hope for in the next year. I am totally feeling the warmth of the season. Merry Christmas everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment