Saturday, January 2, 2010

Can't wait to read my answers next year!

New Year's Quiz

1) What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?

Ran a 5K without walking at all...and actually managed to do it on several occasions.

Got pregnant.

Reached a high weight mark I hoped I'd never hit.



2) Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year.

Well I can't remember what my resolution was last year (yah for having this quiz to look back on next year) but I am sure it was something boring and predictable about losing weight...and in that case I did. Until I got pregnant of course. My New Year's resolutions for this year...to stop worrying so much about Bobby and just try and ENJOY my pregnancy. And of course to lose all the baby weight after he is born.



3)Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes, several friends that did...but no, I had NO idea what they were going through at the time. Its all different now that "I" am the one pregnant.



4) Did anyone close to you die?

Thank God no.



5)What countries did you visit?

None...I am sure this will be a repeating answer throughout the years...I am not a traveler.



6)What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

Courage to face any and all challenges ahead in life.



7)What dates from 2009 will remain etched in your memory and why?

The day we found out I was pregnant. The day we found out the sex of the baby. (can't remember either calendar date...but I can recollect every emotion like it was yesterday).



8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?

My personal fitness, BEFORE pregnancy of course. I was running like a couple miles a day four to five times a week. It was the best self esteem I have had in years.



9)What was your biggest failure?

Letting my worrying and anxiety take over my pregnancy.



10) Did you suffer illness or injury?

Oh just alot of nausea from morning sickness...otherwise nothing serious thank goodness.



11) What was the best thing you bought?

I just asked my husband what he thought it was and his response automatically? OU season tickets. haha. Then he changed it to his new mower. Yeah...we obviously don't think the same way. I would say maybe my iphone. My old phone was SUCH a piece of crap...anything would have been an improvement.



12)Whose behavior merited celebration?

My husband...getting off painkillers after his having two surgeries in the last year was really tough. He really does come through on what he says he is going to do...I respect him so much for that.



13) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Liars, know-it-alls, selfish people...you know just the usual annoying characteristics.



14)Where did most of your money go?

Doctor and hospital bills! yucky!



15)What did you get really excited about?

Getting pregnant...but the MOST exciting giddy feeling I have ever experienced was the first couple hours after we found out we were having a boy.



16)What song will always remind you of 2009?

Well I don't know that I will remember what year it was when looking back later...but I will go with one of my favorite songs of the year...I'm Yours, Jason Mraz.



17) Compared to this time last year are you:

Happier or sadder? Its been an up and down year...at times I have definitely been happier than I have in years (it was one of the best summer's of my life)...but also there have been a few bumps this year that sent me lower than I knew I could feel. Overall I truly think I am a happier person.

Thinner or Fatter? Well the first half of the year I was thinner than I have been in years...the second half...I am ten times fatter than ever before. I don't mind though...I am growing a little man!

Richer or poorer? Same probably...



20) How did you spend Christmas?

With family...



21) Did you fall in love in 2009?

Still in love...more than ever actually.



22) What was your favorite TV program?

Nothing is coming to mind immediately...American Idol I guess. Real Housewives'



23) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't' hate this time last year?

No, not really.



24) What was the best book you read?

I just read the Twilight series in the last year (exactly this week last year actually, I remember cause someone let me borrow their book when I was at their Christmas party)...it still at the top of my list.



25)What was your greatest musical discovery?

Zack Brown Band...love them.



26) What did you want and get?

To get pregnant.



27) What did you want and not get?

An easy non-stressful pregnancy...for everything to go normal.



28)What was your favorite film of the year?

Nothing is standing out.



29)What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?

Robby surprised me with my favorite meal and some very sweet unexpected gifts. It caught me completely off guard, he isnt' usually that type. It was a wonderful birthday. I am 26.



30)What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I don't know maybe a promotion. I don't really have many complaints...



31) How do you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Comfortable...borderline lazy. Which has gotten increasingly worse as I have gotten bigger.



32)What kept you sane?

Probably my dogs...sounds cheesy but it never gets old to come home to animals that are jumping with excitement to see you.



37) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?

We have NO IDEA what plan God has in store for our futures...we must just move forward with faith that everything is for a reason. Count the blessings we DO have...



38) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?

Not a song but I read this quote the other day that has stuck with me...and I am trying to live by it. "Don't let one cloud ruin the whole sky". I can't remember the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment