Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kayli update

The internet really started panicking me the other day so I took her after work to the vet. When I got home she had barfed two more times and was really lethargic and I was started to freak out. I just kept thinking OMG she’s dying! So I ran in the door, fed the baby, scarfed down a salad, and RAN out the door to the vet with her. They did an x-ray and THANK GOD they didn’t see any indication of a blockage. She wasn’t running a temperature. But she was started to get dehydrated. They said she probably just got really sick from the diaper and they gave her some antibiotics and nausea medicine and some really bland wet food to try with her. And said she should be feeling better by weds. (today). Well so they gave her the first dose of the medicine before we left and I really got my hopes up she was going to be good…and she vomited two more times when we got home (of course she goes for the carpet EVERYtime! lovely) so I was concerned but I just gave her another dose of the nausea medicine and took her to bed. She slept good (instead of pacing like the previous nights) but it was almost too good. She didn’t move the whole night! She was just conked out next to me. Sooo unlike her. So again I was a little concerned. BUT great news the next morning…she ran straight in and drank some water, went out and peed and wanted a treat! I didn’t’ let her have one, I just gave her some of the bland food instead and she freaked out she was so excited to eat it. I was THRILLED! She was like trying to eat fast, that’s how eager she was…I couldn’t believe it! So she HAS to be feeling better! I went ahead and gave her the nausea medicine again this morning along with her antibiotics just because I wont’ be there to monitor if her stomach is upset this morning and this way I won’t worry. But hopefully she is ALREADY feeling better!

Little Ms. Kayli scares the crap out of me every couple of years! I have spent hundreds probably thousands of dollars on her doctor bills over the years. And haven't ever had to spend a dime on coco (knock on wood). Kayli just gets herself in to trouble! She thinks she is too ferocious to be stopped...she thinks she has got everything all figured out...but not this time Kayli...you paid the prices for this little escapade...hopefully your diaper eating days are over!

And now as always, new pictures of my angel...








No comments:

Post a Comment