Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cabin Fever!

Mark this day in the history books...there hasn't ever been anything like it! Record breaking snowfall here in Oklahoma! I think the official count from the news is 20 inches for us here in the Claremore area. But that is nothing compared to the chest high snow drifts my husband has sworn he has seen today. Yes, my husband is one of those crazy lunatics out trying to work in this. He starts panting and pacing with excitement as soon as the snow is forecasted (taping the news forecast on every channel to compare) and then I can hardly hog tie him down long enough to actually wait till it STOPS snowing before he is out the door ready to work. He gets the tractor out and starts clearing driveways and parking lots. He was out the door yesterday afternoon around three and I haven't seen him since. He worked till late in the night and back out before six this morning...he didn't even come home to sleep. He just crashed in town with his helper so they could get right back to it this morning. I will give it to him he is a HARD worker, I don't know many people that can last out in these sub-zero temperatures and I am proud. But I am bored and lonely! Thank god I have Bobby to entertain me...but I think even he is tired of me! We have been moving from room to room just for a change of scenery and new toys. And boy we have been L.A.Z.Y...I took two 1 1/2 hour long naps with him today (yes daddy is out working his ace off probably losing toes to frostbite and I am at home snoozing with the baby) but what can I do? I have nothing ELSE to do. I would do anything to go to town.
    Supposedly my office is supposed to be open tomorrow...but I guess I will be burning another vacation day because there is NO WAY I can get there. I don't even think Westbound 44 is open yet. When the highways are closed and there are still more abandoned cars on the road than driven ones...I think its still time to call off work. Oh well...I will try and remind myself of my blessings that I am safe and warm at home with my baby. And maybe oh maybe I will see my husband again some day...

Hope everyone is safe at home and still has plenty of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment