Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Yesterday we had Jaden's 4mth month check up. Things went pretty well...she's is growing fast weighing in at 15 lbs 2.5 oz (90%) and 26 inches long (95%) her head was 75%. Only bad news is that doctor mentioned it looked like she has a slight case of thrush. UH oh...my first thought is well, it can't be that bad considering neither of us were suffering from it. She seems to eat normally and I haven't been in any pain. So out the door we went to fill the prescription for a drop of medicine in each of her cheeks four times and day and a cream for me. As we got home and I tried not to stress too much about it all...and then about that time Bobby says mommy, look at this and lifts up his shirt to show a big rash on his chest. Keep in mind we JUST LEFT the doctor's office. WHY does this happen? If he had JUST shown me 30 mins ago I could have asked right then! I quickly panic'd silently and text his teacher to see if he had eaten anything out of the ordinary that day...but of course he hadn't. Again, I tried not stress to much but as the evening wore on I noticed him scratching at it...so I decided to inquire my good friend Nicole. Nicole is a pediatrician and although she promises not to care...I do my best to not pester her with constant questions. I am sure she would enjoy a break when she gets home, ya know? But being the kind, patient friend that she is...she never lets it show if she is getting annoyed. Thank you again Nicole. Anyway back to the story...after a short chat about what all the things it could be I decide he isn't going to die and we put a cream on it and moved on. Bobby's teacher text me today and said he hasn't been scratching...so lets hope for the best. So after all the "not" stressing over ailments from my children that I accomplished over the evening...I found myself feeling still overwhelmed at the end of the night. I have to say adding a second child to our routine has been a million times easier that going from zero to one...but there are still nights when I find myself upset that I didn't feel like I got quality time with either child. Just back and forth and dinner, and messes...and before you know the night is over and I find myself wondering if they ever felt connected to me...or whether I was just going through the motions. This very issue has been the one thing that has haunted me these last four months...but I am determined to talk myself out of it everytime. I KNOW that its harder with two kids...and doing the best I can is ALL I can do. Today is a new day and I just need to try and make it better than the last. You know? In other news, work is going well. If anyone noticed that I dropped off the face of the planet the last year or so...that was a direct result of an OVERWHELMING job in Finance that I took at work. I thought it was something I wanted and although I don't regret the experience I gained there at all, I am much happier to be back to accounting, my first love. I know, I know boring to most...but it works for me. It makes sense. And last but not least...I finally ordered both kid's halloween costumes. Bobby was easy...he picked out a teenage mutant ninja turtle costume. CUTE. And as I struggled to figure out what struck my fancy for Jade, I made the mistake of asking Bobby. A "unicorn" mommy..."a purple unicorn". SAY WHAT?!? Where does he come up with these things? ohhh hmmm Bobby that IS a good idea. I guess I will look around?! I tried, I really did. I googled all sorts of stores that carried unicorn costumes but in the end a Ladybug costume from Carters on sale with a 15% off coupon on top finally won me over. I played it off well though...just leaving the ladybug costume on the ipad randomly while Bobby was near...and then acting so sly I say to Bobby OH LOOK at this ADORABLE Ladybug costume! You think we should get this for Jade? Would she look so CUTE in that?! "Ohh YES mommy I LOVE that!" SCORE! it worked!! until...the next thing out of his mouth was..."and I want to be a caterpillar to go with her". UGHHHHH here we go again...why do I even give the child an option again? I should have just made the choice like a GROWN woman and moved on. BUT its just SOO cute that he has an opinion! So for now we are going to stick with what we have got...but if the turtle costume comes and he isn't going for it...the caterpillar costume hunt will begin. Ohhh the things we do for these children!






1 comment:

  1. cute pics! you know i dont care at all when you have questions ;) so glad you started blogging again!!!!

    ReplyDelete