Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gobble gobble!

    Who is getting SO excited for thanksgiving? ME!! I can NOT wait! Its been a BUSY week but I think I have finally got things under control at work. And I even got new tires put on my car (my dad will finally be pleased about that!) because FIRST thing Friday morning we are taking off for Kansas City! My sister Skye and her husband relocated there last year and now have a huge house to host the whole dang family in. THAT is a wonderful feeling. I just can't wait to get there!


    The fun starts today when we will hopefully get off work early...usually around 3 the day before a holiday. Then its thanksgiving out at Robby's grandparents house on the actual turkey day. Then its home to pack and get organized I can't decide if there is anything I need to get up SUPER early to shop for on Black Friday...so I imagine it will just be a 5am wake up call to get headed out of town. The only down fall is KC is a long four hour trip for a baby riding in a car seat. So travel plans always begin with an EARLY morning take off time so Bobby will hopefully sleep on the way. Once we get to KC my sisters and I are going shop till we drop for Christmas presents all day. Bobby will be joining us so I am a little nervous that its supposed to be the coldest day we have had yet this season. We will be packing the warmest clothes he has got and blankets galore!

    Then Saturday is our actual family get together. We have a HUGE meal (I LOVE turkey! I wish it was easier to make cause I would it weekly in the winter!) Aftewards we are planning to take all my nieces and nephew to the plaza to go ICE SKATING!! Saying I am excited about this is an understatement!! I wish I had these kinds of childhood memories myself! We never did stuff like that! But that's what is so wonderful about this...we are hopefully creating the most wonderful memories for these kids. You always want more for your own children (and your sibling's children) then you had for yourself. I think they will REALLY enjoy it! I hope so anyway!

    The big OU/OSU game is on at 7pm...so I am sure that is all Robby will be thinking about. Good thing one of Robby's best friends in the world Dane lives in KC too...so he can just run along over there to do boy stuff and I get to endulge in extra family time!! It couldn't work out better!

Hope everyone has a SAFE and endulgent holiday weekend!



This is Bobby's Boomer Sooner outfit (OU's mascot is a horse named Boomer)

3 comments:

  1. great post, but you are forgetting the best part.... a pic of bobby!!!! travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids did have a great time ice skating!Jacody was talking about how good he did, which I was sure of no doubt!

    ReplyDelete