Thursday, November 18, 2010

Stress....

Where to begin?!?! Things just seemed to pile up these last couple of days! The week started out slow and normal and some where along the way everything just got hectic. It really all started getting out of control yesterday. I had a big day, my pumping and work schedules were all moved up to accommodate for a meeting from one of our company's big wigs that they scheduled for the most awkward time of day...11am. Who schedules an hour long meeting right around lunch time? I had lunch plans immediately following that I felt like I was running late too. Then I felt like I was just scrambling to actually get some work done because I needed to leave the office early yesterday for a doctor appointment all the way in Claremore. Our work celebration of thanksgiving dinner is scheduled for today so I needed to make a stop on the way home to set out the Rhode's Rolls to rise (they take several hours) but no time was allowed for that after all and I barely made it to the appointment on time as it is. On top of all of this my father-in-law was admitted to the hospital yesterday afternoon for another pancreas attack...I think this is his 8th attack in the last five years. When he goes down hill its like a domino effect in our family because my mother-in-law is our daycare...so now I don't have a babysitter because she needs to be with him in the hospital. Robby can't take off work because he needs to be holding down the fort at work while his dad is out (and taking care of all the extra obligations at his parents house while they are incapacitated...such feeding the dogs, taking out the trash, put his dad's truck and tools away, etc etc). I can't take off work because it just happens to be the busiest week out of our month here at work also. We are on a short month because of the holiday schedule next week and I have to have my plant closed by Monday (and haven't received ANY of the documents I need for processing it YET! Talk about last minute!) And on top of ALL of this...I am busy training on a new plant that I will be taking over shortly...so I need to be learning/absorbing as much as possible instead of doing the dead rush to get everything accomplished.

Sooo....how do we solve all these dilemmas? Thank goodness we have alot of family. Bobby's two great grandmothers are stepping in to help today (Robert's mom and Kaye's mom) are each going to take a shift today. I am terribly worried this is going to be too much for them. Taking care of a baby is not just an easy task to step right into if you aren't used to it. And on top of it all...Bobby's is kind of heavy! I don't want them to be over-doing it with carrying him around. I didn't get the rolls made because we got home from the hospital so late so I just gave up and stopped by Reasors on the way to work. YEP I am the girl that brought store bought food to a work function. Not a big deal of course...but I enjoy baking/cooking...so not really my style. But hey what can you do...I am just trying to survive.

Thank goodness I am still in good spirits! Bobby is sleeping well so that is helping! I think he has slept all night for four nights in a row now! I hope I am not jinking it by saying that. Imagine me knocking on wood as we speak. Hope everyone else is having a good week!

1 comment:

  1. oh your such a good mommy! so glad ive gotten to see you the past two weeks!! just think next week, you get a 4 day weekend and get to spend all that time with bobby!!!

    ReplyDelete