Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Send off...

New Year's Quiz

1) What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Had a baby!! Got a promotion.

2) Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year.
Last YearMy New Year's resolutions for this year...to stop worrying so much about Bobby and just try and ENJOY my pregnancy. And of course to lose all the baby weight after he is born.
YAH! I did lose all my baby weight! All 62 lbs of it plus 4 extra! YES!

This year: Get out and be more social...I am soo bad about being a home body and I am afraid life is going to pass me by! Absorb every second of Bobby's cuteness!

3)Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, some of my close girlfriends from highschool did. Kelli, Leslie, Jenny, Amy.

4) Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, I lost my gramp. It was a horrific ordeal for me and I would rather not even start thinking about it...its too early in the day to ruin my makeup.

5)What countries did you visit?
Last year: None...I am sure this will be a repeating answer throughout the years...I am not a traveler.
Yep, same answer as last year.

6)What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More time....there is NEVER enough time!

7)What dates from 2010 will remain etched in your memory and why?
April 22nd...the day my little angel was born!

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Nursing! 8mth months and counting! Losing the baby weight. My promotion. Do I feel some repeating going on here?

9)What was your biggest failure?
I'm still not a very good friend. I need to get out more!

10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope...not that I can think of...thanks to good ole' prenatal's have stayed pretty healthy...knock on wood!

11) What was the best thing you bought?
Baby Bjorn carrier! I wore that thing out! Well technically I didn't even buy it, it was a shower gift. Ohh I know we got new couches in April (during my nesting I decided we needed new couches TWO days before my baby shower).

12)Whose behavior merited celebration?
My MIL Kaye...she is stepped up to be a cornerstone of my support system. She watches my angel day in and day out without a single complaint (even when she has her own things to get done). She will drop EVERYthing to help me/bobby/robby if needed. I do NOT take her for granted. She deserves to be celebrated!

My sister Alison has completely rearranged her life. She recognized things that she wanted to change to bring her happiness and though many people would like too...not many people have the courage to take these scary steps. Every risk paid off! Congratulations Alison...you are inspiring. You deserve to be celebrated!

13) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
People that make excuses to not come to work...spare  me the crap please...we would ALL rather be at home...get it together.

14)Where did most of your money go?
Doctor bills, diapers, christmas...etc

15)What did you get really excited about?
The holidays...

16)What song will always remind you of 2010?
I can't even think of any songs right now I can think of is Christmas music. I guess "The house that built me", Miranda Lambert.

17) Compared to this time last year are you:
Happier or sadder? Happier!!!
Thinner or Fatter? Way thinner! I am thinner than I have been in years! thank you nursing!
Richer or poorer? Richer I think...or maybe I am just spending more so it feels like there is more money around.

20) How did you spend Christmas? With all the fam...us usual.

21) Did you fall in love in 2010?
Ohhh yes, head over heels, stop EVERYthing kind of love. Bobby is my EVERYthing!

22) What was your favorite TV program?
TV? what TV? I have forgotten all about you!

23) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't' hate this time last year?
Crackheads that get pregnant even when they don't want to...and then can have a healthy baby no problem. DAMN YOU! ungrateful!

24) What was the best book you read?
No free lance books this year....only What to expect in the first year etc.

25)What was your greatest musical discovery?
I have been listening to alot more country.

26) What did you want and get?
A healthy baby.

27) What did you want and not get?
My MIL's Expedition. ;-)           *someday*

28)What was your favorite film of the year?
I really like The Other Guys. Haven't seen much else. Oh Toy Story 3.

29)What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Can't remember...probably out to eat with the hubby. I was 27.

30)What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Last year: I don't know maybe a promotion.
YAh! I got that this year...so I don't have any complaints!

31) How do you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Pathetic! I need to throw everything away and start over! I used to be cute! Now I am just lazy!

Ohh I did give in and try the "skinny jeans" look and LOVE IT!

32)What kept you sane?
Probably just Robby...the word "consistent" describes him to a T. I like his stability.

37) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?
 Don't take your family member's good health for granted. You don't want to even imagine what life would be like without them!

38) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
"When you kiss your little baby, you kiss the face of God"
From the Christmas song "Mary did you know"

1 comment:

  1. I love reading everyon's answers to these questions. I was disappointed that we had conflicting family functions and couldn't come to Jerica's B-day party. I was hoping to get to see you and Bobby. We were talking about you guys the other day and Jerica said that he is the cutest baby she has ever seen!

    Congrats on losing the baby weight! I hope I can do the same starting in a few months. I had no idea how easy it was going to be to gain weight during pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete