Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fast forward, rewind...no I meant PAUSE!

Does anyone else feel like the Christmas season just goes so incredibly fast that you find it hard to actually stop relax and absorb it? I find myself so caught up in my to-do list that I don't make the time to look off the main road and see all the Christmas lights, or actually enjoy wrapping the presents, or stop thinking so much so I can listen to the Christmas music I have blaring in my car...instead I am just going through the motions. I am sure I have mentioned before Christmas is a big deal to me. I start pulling out the Christmas movies around October...I can barely contain myself to not put my tree up before thanksgiving...and if we don't get snow in December I am pouting. I just wish it was all like it is in the movies. I wouldn't even mind a cheesy lifetime movie version! I just like the idea of a cozy (fireplace blaring, glowing lights decorated, wrapped up in a blanket, glass of wine in hand, cold and snowy outside) evening. Of course this year is slightly different because I have Bobby...so I don't have all the free time I used too. But I wish I could stand back from the rush....look around and soak in the season. After all this is a special year...Bobby's first Christmas! I hope I can remember it!



In other news...Grandma Kaye has been back at it...she just spoils Bobby rotten! She got Bobby a new Bomber Jacket. He is too die for cute in it...and I figured my dad and uncle Kevin would just squeal with excitement when they saw him in it (my dad is an airplace fanatic and Kevin's a pilot). Anyway I just had to share...it wouldn't be a full post without a Bobby picture!

1 comment:

  1. i still can't believe bobby has so much hair! adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete