Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas break HERE I COME!!!

Christmas break officially begins at 3pm today when work lets me out! I think I have FINALLY finished all my shopping although I am terribly afraid I have forgotten someone's gift or won't bring it to the appropriate function. So I actually think I might have some free time for a couple of hours before hubby and Mr. Bobby get home. What will this too-busy,multitasking, full time working, housekeeper, cooking, wife/mother of the year do with her long overdue time to herself? Well but of course I will try and get ahead...there are no time for naps! I think I will start with the toliets, and the laundry, then the floors, then some organizing of the gifts, and maybe just maybe I will get started on the baking. I highly doubt that though, there isn't enough time...plus I have tomorrow and Friday to get some of that done (when I am not snuggling my bunny). Here's our schedule:
                 

 Friday night AKA Christmas Eve: We have the Reed's big family get together at Uncle Rogers house. This is ALWAYS a lot of fun...we have a Ugly Christmas Sweater contest, along with a nasty game of Dirty Santa (that has been known to cause some pouting and hurt feelings). And hopefully the evening will be following by some light snow...how sweet would that be to have a WHITE Christmas for Bobby's first Christmas? I hope its nothing like last year though...we gotta get to Kansas!



 

Saturday morning AKA Christmas morning: We will do some light gifts at our house (not that Bobby will really notice or care yet this year but oh well...its more for our excitement to share christmas with him than it is for him). And then we are off to the inlaw's for the big Christmas ordeal. My mother-in-law goes all out for Christmas so its usually full of excitement! Then its lunch with my MIL's side of the family and more gift exchanges. Probably followed by a big nap with Bobby in one of the extra bedrooms.


 
Sunday: We are off to Kansas to my brother's house for the whole day! We do Christmas for lunch followed by the gifts...which is always a big hilight to watch my nieces and nephew open everything up with all that kid like excitement. Then in the afternoon it turns into birthday party excitement for my niece Jerica! She was born on January 3rd...so my SIL's kindly throws her party the same day so that all of us out-of-towners don't have to make a second trip back the next weekend.



It's going to be a lot of fun!! My FAVORITE time of year. Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday as well! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment