Friday, October 29, 2010

Its Bobby's 1st Halloween....our neighborhood is about to be enchanted!


A special thanks to Tara for taking Bobby's halloween pics.

In other exciting news...Bobby slept through the night last night!! I put him down at about 8:20 ish...he stirred around for like two minutes around 9 pm and then I didn't hear one single peep from him till I went in and woke him up at 6 am! SUCCESS!! I could NOT believe it! Now, all I have to do is remind myself how to sleep through the night again! I woke up at 2am worrying...and then again at 4:30, so I snuck into his room and I think I figured out part of the reason for such a peaceful slumber. He had rolled over on his belly! He wasn't flat on his tummy...but was 90% there. He has been enjoying sleeping on his side lately, so I knew this moment would come. But since tummy sleeping is such a no-no these days I am of course freaked out by it. At what age does it actually get safe to sleep this way? When he can roll back and forth himself? Cause he can, thats not a issue. I have nothing else in the bed whatsoever...no toys, no pillows, no blankets...just him on a flat mattress with a sheet of course. Soooo...is it safe to leave him in this position????

3 comments:

  1. Yes, safe! Our doctor always said once they can roll over both ways and if they roll to their tummy to sleep its fine. Also the risk of SIDS drops to like some unbelievably low rate after 6 months. The teething thing totally wrecks Jack every single time, but you will know the difference - especially once Bobby gets consistent at sleeping through the night and then suddenly starts waking up crying alot - that's probably teeth! You are doing so good! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little zebra! Hope you have a great Halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, its safe!!! quit worrying :)

    ReplyDelete