Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 6: Whatever Tickles Your Fancy

Oops...I'm a day late! Slacking on our challenge already and it's only day 6! Story of my life! Ok soooo lets get right into it, of course my first thought of a Tickle My Fancy item is obviously going to be Bobby, but I know you guys probably already figured that...so instead I chose something else that pleases me to NO END.

Christmas!!!

The Christmas season is MY FAVORITE time of year. From the second Thanksgiving is over till about New Years Eve...I am blaring Christmas music in my car every second (no matter how many fights it causes between me and the hubby). I love everything about the season, the glowing lights, shopping for that perfect gift for each person, wrapping presents, warm clothes and winter weather (hopefully snow!), fireplaces, seeing everyone's glowing tree in their windows, Christmas hymns at church, Christmas cookies and goodies, the Christmas movies on TV (who doesn't like seeing an annual viewing of Home Alone, or Grizwalts Christmas Vacation?). Just walking through Hobby Lobby and seeing Christmas decorations instantly puts me in a better mood and gets me excited.

And this year is going to be the BEST year yet cause now I have a little one to shop for and spoil! (I am sure he will be decked out in Christmas'y sleeper pajamas every night and go to bed by the glow of his own miniature Christmas tree in his nursery). But most of all I can NOT wait to rediscover all the wonders and excitement of Christmas through his eyes in the next couple of years....and we can create traditions of our own to carry on each season.

No comments:

Post a Comment