Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Favorite Song

A few of us blogger mom's (that's right, Tara is now a mommy too! congrats!!) have decided to embark on a 30 day blogging challenge. (Feel free to join along!) This is perfect for me...I need to get in a better habit of posting consistently. Anyway September 1st is day one!

Favorite song...well I am going to do one of each. My current favorite song is probably Miranda Lambert's "The House That Built Me". Every time I hear it, it just stops me in my tracks because I just relate to it so much in my own way. I wish I could go back into my childhood home sometimes and remember how it felt when my family was still whole...when things felt so much more simple. The house is just a shell but it holds so many wonderful memories for me...not just with family but also with my friends too (everyone would agree we spent a lot of time there as teenagers). It was really hard to let go and even though some of our family friends own it now and I could technically go see it any time I wanted to...I haven't been back in years...since we moved out actually. I think tears might follow!

But as for my ALL TIME favorite song...there is no doubt in my mind that Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World". No other song in the world can make me as happy as this song. I listen to it almost daily. Its makes me look at the world in a different light...stop the smell the roses type of thing. I danced to this song with my father at my wedding. It just my favorite...

2 comments:

  1. I almost put that song for me too! Whenever it comes on Tylee says, "This is Mommy's song!" I also almost put the song Darci put. It's crazy how random my taste in music is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whats the 30 day blog challenge? just blog daily for 30 days? hmmm

    ReplyDelete