Thursday, September 24, 2009

10 weeks today!!

YAH! Time finally feels like its starting to pick up...this week has flown by and here I am at my 10 week mark. Nine or ten more weeks and we can find out the sex of the baby! Hope these next ones more faster than these have.

One nerve-wracking tasks I can check off the list...I finally told my work yesterday that I am pregnant. This was incredibly intimidating and it had crossed my mind every time I saw my boss walking by but actually getting the guts up to s-a-y the words out loud terrified me. But, honestly it got to be so annoying to feel like I was hiding something that I decided to just get it off my chest. (One of my supervisor's responses when I told her how hard it had been to keep quiet about it was...so you don't have a good "poker face"? hahah). Anyway what is funny about our work right now is that we currently have two girls out on maturity leave...and one that just came back...in other words don't drink the water on our floor. And babies are contagious! So obviously I am sure my boss was OH GAH here we go again on the inside...but thankfully they were doing thing they could to show excitement for me on the outside. Then I was finally able to tell the girls I work with...the fun part! This is the people I could actually complain too when I don't feel good...the ones that will go with me to get snacks when baby reed is yanking on my umbilical cord...and just overall part of my support system during the working hours. Everyone was very kind, excited and full of questions...I had a good time finally getting to talk about it...and was completely exhausted by the end of the day from all the excitement. I think I was in bed shortly after 8:15. Oh well...I'd better get the sleep while I can.

1 comment:

  1. how exciting to finally tell the people you work with! i waited and finally told everyone at a staff meeting but apparently everyone already knew and i hadn't told anyone at school. they all figured it out and were waiting for me to announce it before they said anything! :)

    ReplyDelete