Wednesday, September 2, 2009

How I'm Feeling...

I immediately became completely in tune with my body after the very second I found out, wondering if every moment if this felt different or that etc but overall I was feeling really good till about the first day of my sixth week (Thursday August 27th). I woke up feeling fine and got dressed and headed to work but shortly after getting there I had switched my lamp on at my desk and my left eye simultaneously turned blurry. I knew what this meant and panic rushed through me. I had a migraine coming on...and I wasn't going to be able to take ANY medicine for it! I tried to finish some things up quickly because I ended up leaving work and heading home by about 9:30 that morning. The girls were completely thrilled to see me home and we immediately all just cuddled up into bed...and remained there most of the day. My headache didn't turn out to be that bad this time THANK GOD but I still was exhausted and nauseated so the day of rest was well needed. I felt terrible the next days too...just nauseated a lot and very tired but no headaches at least and thank goodness no throwing up thus far. I am trying to take it easy...after I get home from work I go and lay down and sometimes full out nap for a couple minutes. Yesterday (Tuesday Sept 1st) was the best day I have had a while though! I wasn't nauseated all day, I had more energy than usual , I cooked dinner and even went jogging. I hope days like that come around more often!

Aside from the sickness though the most major change I have noticed in my body is my HUNGER. Its like uncontrollable! Of course I have been so famished before that I make myself sick...but this is different...never in my life I have felt like "if I don't get something in my mouth this very instant I am pulling into the next drive thru and ordering the first thing I see"...there is no waiting till I get home sometimes. When I need it, I need it right then! And I just need to eat so much more often then I ever did before! And for the first time its not just me thinking about wanting food, its my body demanding food! I never dreamed it would feel that way so early in a pregnancy...but after reading more about it...this is the most influential time. I am trying to grow a new person and my body is working triple time.

No comments:

Post a Comment