Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Odds & Ends

I feel like I have alot to cover...nothing particularly important...but just thoughts and things I would like to mention. I'll start with the Doctor stuff first. So I called the doctor #1) to hear back about what they thought of my thyroid issues and #2) to tell them that I thought I was alot further along than they realized before I was coming in to get checked out. Well for the thyroid part, they just asked that I schedule back with my primary care doc and see where my levels are sitting at more currently. So I scheduled that for next Thursday. And here's where it got frustrating. I told them that according to my counting I am 8 1/2 weeks not 7 1/2 weeks like they said and she repeated to me again as if I was an idiot who can't count that if my first day of my last period was indeed July 16th then i am 7 1/2 weeks. People tell me if I am crazy...I have counted it a million times and I swear I am going to be 9 weeks tomorrow???

Anyway moving on...moving backward actually, news from the weekend. Our good friends Dane & Lesli came down to spend the weekend with us...and brought their 6 yr old daughter Paige and their 3 old son Easton. Wow! It was quite a glimpse into what I have to look forward too. Oh and terrified me! Lesli deserves a medal for god sakes! She is on duty non-stop grabbing stuff out of hands, cleaning messes, sitting him down in his seat, trying to keep him quiet, console his crying, getting him to try and eat. Just a 24 hour job! I can't imagine! On the other hand Paige was so responsible, and sweet, and quiet, this showed me that these stages are only temporary...and soon Easton will be out of this stage too. Time marches on so quickly...I can remember the night Paige was born...and now she is just a grown up little girl wearing a backpack and going to school!

The weekend was a long one...and normally I am ALL for the long weekends... but after having company all weekend long with two children ON TOP of being pregnant...I was EXHAUSTED. On Monday after they left I honestly thought I was going to end up in tears because I couldn't get anything accomplished, when there was so much to do...and all my body wanted to do was SLEEP. Later that day I realized I had forgotten to take my prenatal vitamin and took it about 3 pm...almost instantly I felt better! I am telling you all those vitamins juice me up and give me energy! So for that reason I am glad I take it in the mornings before work, even if it is harder to remember to take than at night.

I am really looking forward to this weekend to catch up on rest...but we are heading to Norman on Saturday for the game, so I am sure there probably won't be much rest to be had. Oh well, I am actually looking forward to the fall season and football this year (even after our lose this weekend (tear)). So lets just hope we can turn it around this weekend. BOOMER!

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog!!! You guys are going to the game?!?! Andrew would be so jealous! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in your 7th week...I used a due date calculator on parents.com...so I would guess you would start your 8th week tomorrow if you are a Thursday changer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you started blogging! Congrats on the pregnancy! It's a wild ride but incredibly worth it! You're are going to make a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete