Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Let's get started...

Hello! Welcome to the Baby Reed blog! My sole purpose of this journal is to document this entire miraculous event from the beginning and be able to look back on everything we have been through thus far. So I think I'd better start at the beginning. Robby and I have been toying with the idea of having a baby for quite a while now. But last month we decided to get serious and just see how long takes...well let's just say God must think we are ready because here comes baby #1 on the way. I took my first test on August 18th (a Tuesday night) right after I got home from work. That's right, we didn't even wait till the first bathroom break in the morning like we were supposed to. No, we just pretty much jumped right in fully expecting it not #1 not be positive #2 even if we were pg we weren't expecting it to show up on the test yet (knowing that sometimes it takes days even weeks for your hormones to show high enough levels to be picked up on a test). Robby and I were completely giddy (he'll kill me for saying this) waiting for the three minutes to be up before we walked back in to see, we were standing in the closet next to the bathroom just bouncing off the walls of nerves and excitement. I was climbing all over him while he was counting to 180 seconds...we walk back in and agree to both look down at it at the same exact time and well it was VERY CLEAR that it was positive.

I thought I was just like looking in a mirror because both our expressions were exact the same...our mouths both dropped as we both looked up at each other at the exact same moment with HUGE eyes. OMG this is it! This is the moment I have day-dreamed about for years...the moment where we both jump around screaming and crying. Nope, as with almost all things, it's never the way you imagine it, we were so shocked and THRILLED, we hugged and smiled non-stop...but there was no screaming or crying. Robby exceeded my expectations though...he was more excited than any other time I had ever seen him! He had a smile planted across his face that was unshakable. His emotions and actions MELTED me! I don't know if there is a better feeling then seeing your husband so thrilled about making a baby with you (granted I am sure his excitement had a lot to do with thinking “my little athlete” but hey I will take it…excited is excited!) At that very moment life just couldn't be more perfect...we made a baby together...we had taken the giant step...it wasn't just some other couple that we knew this time...it was us...we were starting our own family...our new chapter...and now thinking about this, talking about this....now the tears are coming (its these dang hormones!! haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment