Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Confirmed...

I am sure that most women that are newly pregnant can relate to this (or remember) but by Thursday of that same week (August 20th (which would have been the first day of my 5th week)) I was convinced that I had dreamed the whole thing up. I still didn't feel pregnant...and by then the digital test results had disappeared from the test screen. I would go back and look at the picture I took of the positive test to comfort myself, but even then I convinced myself that the first test could have just been a fluke! So Thursday night we took a second test...this time we just stared at it waiting for the results to show up. JACKPOT it said pregnant again...and the results showed up fast! There was no three minute wait. What a relief! Who would have thought that it would matter so much to me already? I mean just three days earlier I was completely content being an un-pregnant woman...and yet suddenly after knowing I was, even for a split second...there was no turning back. My thoughts immediately changed to: do ANYthing to make sure you remain pregnant and that you are a growing a healthy baby. And since then that is EXACTLY where my frame of mind has stayed...every time I get ready to put something in my mouth, every time I get ready to go jog, even every time I go to the bathroom (for the millionth time each day) I am reminded its all for baby...and what's best to grow a healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment