Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Finally...

Great news!...I finally heard back from the doctor last night...at like 5:35 pm! I was anxiously awaiting the call all day...and even called and left an extra message on their machine around 2 o'clock but never heard back. I had received several inquiries from people asking the results all day (so sweet that people care and can remember what's going on with MY doctor appointments) and I was getting so frustrated because I wanted to hear the news too (not that it was super exciting news or anything but still it was SOMETHING!). Anyway all my blood work came back great! YES, I am pregnant...in case any of you had any doubts. :-) My thyroid levels had gone down significantly, so I am now in the normal range (so no need to worry about that at all anymore). My hormone levels measured between 7-12 weeks so she is assuming I am sitting right at the 9 week mark like I thought. And the greatest (relief) news was that my levels were normal enough to indicate that I am just carrying ONE baby. YAH! Happy news all around. Now I can just look forward to my Family History appointment tomorrow with my actual OB office. I am sure I will have to give more blood (grrr) but if it gives me more news to wait for then I am all for it. News is all I have to live for at this point...its my only tie to my baby. I can't see it, or feel it yet...so I just want to hear about it. :-)

In other news...I had the Race for the Cure 5K on Saturday. Now, that was a different experience! I have done several 5K's this summer all with goals of improving my times each race. hahaha...now the goal was just finishing the race. I haven't been out to jog or even hardly to walk in probably 2 1/2 weeks. I am not sure what everyone else's weather has been like but last Friday was the 14th day in a row that it rained here. I was started to think I lived in Seattle! We did get a pleasant weekend with the recently unheard of sun but of course yesterday our next 5 day setting of rain began...and here we are back in dark dreary weather around the clock all over again. Anyway point of this is...I haven't been able to get out in the evenings and exercise...so the race was very jolting. I only ran maybe the first 15 minutes of it...and then walked the entire rest of the way...even hoping THAT part would be over soon. My body just doesn't feel the same! And that did a number on my pride...I was in some of the best shape of my life earlier this year...and now I am reduced to this. Again, welcome pregnancy! I had some of my coworkers in their 60's beat me! Come on...that's depressing! And to make it all worse...I haven't told anyone at my work I am pregnant yet...so they probably just think I am quite the slacker! haha Oh well...I really can't worry about that...I honestly felt like I had to do what was best for my body...and the goal was not to get too overheated...and so when I felt like it was getting hard and I was getting sweaty...I backed off...and I am ok with that.

I am glad I got out and was active...and the race really was fun but I paid the price for it later that day...my lower back really ached, I was sore and exhausted. Not only did I race home afterward for FOOD but then I settled in for a nice long nap. I didn't make it home in time to go to the game with Robby...so I had the house all to myself and it was dead quiet and peaceful. I love nap time...so do my girls...so we were just three peas in a pod :-)

3 comments:

  1. Yah! Congrats on the good news! Can't wait to hear about your appointment today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you say "my baby", you're a mommy now !

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can completely relate. your exercise goals will now be replaced with baby goals. i'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete